Here at WorldWCMX.org, we believe that the more friends we have, the better.
That’s why we established the Adaptive Skate Ambassador Program. Our ambassadors play a crucial role in expanding our circle and building a worldwide community of support that gives hundreds of people who experience disabilities a chance for independent living and a greater quality of life.
WorldWCMX.org relies on a person-to-person outreach strategy to build community support for our mission. It’s all about relationships.
We have seen time and time again that once an individual has the opportunity to experience the work we do firsthand, the decision to support us becomes an easy one.
AS AN AMBASSADOR, you will have the opportunity to advocate on behalf of individuals living with disabilities. You can be their voice in the community, informing your circle about why it’s so important to include individuals living with disabilities in sports programs, neighborhoods, and daily life.
For our organization, support comes in many ways—it could be:
- volunteering at our events, clinics, and programs
- donating to support a new initiative
- helping out athletes with equipment and travel.
Potential supporters are more likely to attend our learning events if they are extended a personal invite from a friend, colleague, family member, or community leader. This is why the Ambassador Program is so important
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
An ambassador is a…
ADVOCATE, By inviting friends, family, and other people in your network to our events, you help raise awareness about including individuals with disabilities in our communities.
CONNECTOR, You will introduce the work of WorldWCMX.org to the community, helping us to cast a wider net for potential support.
ENDORSER, You share your positive experience to help others feel more comfortable and willing to attend one of our events for the first time.
Your responsibilities include…
- Wear the Brand.Wear the name or logo of WorldWCMX.org on your hat, shirt, or gear. You never know whom you will run into and the conversations that may be sparked by them seeing you wear the name or logo.
- Invite Friends.Next time you are planning to volunteer or attend a special event for a WorldWCMX.org, invite a friend. By engaging them, you have multiplied your involvement and impact.
- Share with your twitter follower’s information about WorldWCMX.org ‘s upcoming events; retweet tweets and tweet about your involvement with WorldWCMX.org.
- Go beyond liking WorldWCMX.org Facebook page and share posts from the Facebook page. Sharing a Facebook post from the WorldWCMX.org page will enable your friends to learn about our organization.
- Tell your family. At the dinner table or family gatherings, tell your family about your involvement with WorldWCMX.org.
- Raise Money. Don’t shy away from the opportunity to help raise money for the organization to fulfill its mission. Keep your eyes and ears open for new fundraising opportunities for the WorldWCMX.org and support the organization’s efforts to raise money.
- Understand the qualifications to receive services from the WorldWCMX.org network of organizations so you can connect those in need of services with the right program. You can be the one to help others benefit from the programs and services offered by various partners.
- Offer to set-up a presentation with your local club, book group – it is important to get the WorldWCMX.org message out to as many people as you can.
- Tell a coworker.Talk with some of your coworkers about your recent involvement and interactions with the WorldWCMX.org. Perhaps they never knew of your involvement and were always interested in learning more about it.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a WorldWCMX.org Ambassador!
All Ambassadors will be recognized on our website and in our newsletters to celebrate your outstanding efforts and contributions.
For more information on becoming a WorldWCMX.org Ambassador, please contact Tony Torres at email@example.com.